Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Surviving the not-First Day of School

OK. I survived the first day of school by doing a lot of healthy distractions: blogging, e-mail, orthodontist appointment (what am I, 13?), sushi lunch (with no bells!), Dick Blick art store (brushes! canvas pad!), dinner with Amanda (the nicest friend in the whole wide world), and the photo class that didn't kick my butt nearly as much as usual, and which we got to leave early from (8 instead of 9 p.m.), so I got to see my MSIII husband too!

"I will survive, as long as I know I'm alive I know I will survive.." (who sings that ever so popular song?)

It is time to move on. Today I will do my best not to notice the time and what I "would be doing now if...." In fact, maybe we'll go clockless today. It's what I am doing at this moment--because I feel like it.

*exhale*

This forgetting about (not) being a teacher is going to be a lot of work, but it's worth it and I can do it. And if I do it, it will be easier tomorrow. And then maybe by the end of the week I won't even notice, "maybe I won't have to keep having to remind myself to breathe in and out again." (Tom Hanks line in "Sleepless in Seattle")

1 comment:

Token Asian said...

"I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor

Be well!!!!!! *hugs*

Oakley's blog friend Rose