Wednesday, November 22, 2006

note to self and others: do not get your car towed

Especially not the night before Thanksgiving, only to be discovered 30 minutes before the impound lot closes.

Grace Ann and I went to Ocean Beach at 10:30 a.m. to go to Apogee--where John, the master of all body piercers, works and sells pretty jewelry. We were just going to be there for a little while, but then were lured by all the shops and the yummy fish tacos for lunch and the beach and the pier. So we were there til 4 p.m. When we were wandering back to the car, we saw a Farmer's Market and thought, "Oooo! neat stuf... hmmmm." Oh look! A car is getting towed! That sucks! Oh neat! They're setting up all that stuff! Oh my! Nooooooo.... we parked a block further down, didn't we? Where did we park? hmmm.... let's keep going. We're bound to see my car....

A coffee shop had parked on my parking spot. My car had been vaporized.

Legally stolen and then required to be repurchased by the legal owner for almost $300.

NIP: Negligent Impound.

I don't know that I've actually been negligent about anything in my entire life.

I think that today I just had a good and relaxing day, with a little commercial break for the traffic cop, the freeway, the three people in front of me in line at the window (better than TV--a story to be told later), the freeway and all the other people on the freeway on Thanksgiving Eve.

My life is a comedy with commercials. Like snacks from Henry's called Pirate's Booty. Argh!

The funny thing is, for a moment I thought owning a towing company might be the right future career move. It was just a moment though.

No comments: