Wednesday, November 29, 2006

An Open Invitation: Celebrate Life!

Please celebrate with me on Dec. 8 and 9 (both or one of the nights, based on availability) as we mark the beginning of the 32nd year of my life. That's right! 32! The digits add up to five and so I'm sure it's going to be a good year. :)

But seriously, I am overjoyed to have the opportunity to celebrate having survived 31, which wasn't exactly a party. Plus, it's sort of a Birth Day party--the whole weekend will be art-full, which (if my life were a novel analyzed by literature students of any age) could symbolize the transition I am making into a new life with a fresh start. So here's where to be and when:

Friday, Dec. 8, 6-9 p.m. "Expressions in the Garden" at The Espresso Garden, 4121 Park Blvd., SD, 92103
This event is open to all ages, and will feature my friends Jareb Liewer and David Robinson singing "The Prayer" together, as well as several solos each. It's a gorgeous combination of pop and classical styles--you seriously MUST HEAR these men sing. Even their first read through blew me away. The Garden will of course be open to the public and serving coffee, though we are asking a $5 donation to support the musicians. I might sing a song or two (my first public performance as a vocalist outside church), but I will definitely have some paintings and photographs on display. The photos will be framed, matted or on cards.

After "Expressions in the Garden" the party will continue... Beginning at 9:30, Jareb will be singing at Taylor's in Pacific Beach.
So, drink some coffee at The Espresso Garden, and then head on up to Taylor's for food and drink and kick back with me while we listen to him entertain the masses. (We want MASSES at all of these events, so please bring your friends.)

Then, on Saturday, Dec. 9 (my actual birthday) for Ray at Night at Ani Homes
on 30th at University (across from the parking structure, between George's Camera and Shooter's)
from 7-10 p.m.
I will be showing my artwork along with a few other artists, and Jareb will also be singing. There will be wine and cheese and popcorn (they use ANI bags, to advertise), and it should be really fun.

So please come! After Ray at Night, I'm pretty sure the festivities will continue elsewhere in the Hillcrest/South or North Park area, but nothing is exactly planned. (I'm trying to learn to live in a less structured structure.) ;)

Again, if I haven't seen you in a while or if I've seen you a lot lately, I really hope you can make it to one or both of these events. Given that my presence at the shows is a gift from God, your presence will be present enough. If there's one thing I've learned this year it's that the love of friends and family is all anyone really needs to be happy--everything else is just a pile of stuff that can be sold, stolen or locked away when you're not even looking, and eventually you don't even miss it anymore. But the people, when they leave you notice and you don't really forget. At least I don't. I just miss them. So--if it's been ages or even a day since we last met, just swing by; it's practically guaranteed I'll beam at you and then nearly knock you over with a gleeful hug. (consider yourself warned) :)

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

We're down for Saturday but we can't stay late. Got a thing to go to the next morning.

So...how about we come down early and do dinner with you guys and see some arts then we head back to town by 8?