Monday, January 01, 2007

The clock strikes 12... it's a new day, a new month, a new year. Welcome 2007!

Our new years: we slept for about 12 hours. At 12ish, I woke up to the sound of fireworks (gunshots? it is North Park...) wished Justin a Happy New Year, gave him another kiss and we went back to snuggly sleep. Now I'm going to go for a walk and watch the world wake up while I contemplate life and my future. Justin is still sleeping.

Ah, married life. Or life at 32.

It's like my friend's husband said about Valentine's Day when they got take out Chinese and ate it at home: "It's amateur night out there."

On Thurs., Dec. 28, I do believe I was dancing on a stripper pole in a party bus at a friend's bachelorette party. And last month I stayed up way past midnight to watch the stars fall and didn't come home til 5 a.m. And I vaguely remember being horribly drunk one Friday night of December, so I figure I can call it even and feel really good today while a whole lotta people nurse hangovers.

Actually, yesterday I woke up at 5 a.m. to get ready to take photos at a friend's wedding. Of course, I knew that bride getting ready photos are crucial, so I was there at 7 a.m. though the wedding began at 10:30ish. Everything was beautiful and fabulous and now I just have to spend a day or two getting the photos adjusted for color and size and then make an album. It's really a snap. ;)

OK. Healthy new year walk to commence now... Later I will write my New Year Letter. Given the year of 2005 and 2006 (it's a double hitter since I skipped last year) I figured I'd wait til everyone was done partying so I wouldn't kill anyone's buzz with the Truth about life for Olaina and Justin.

See you all soon! And I WILL post some photos of the bachelorette and the wedding ASAP...

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

Happy New Year to you guys too!

P.S. We still have your tupperwares and Christmas present. When would be the good time?