Sunday, July 01, 2007

Estate Sales Suck

The best part of yesterday's sale was getting an incredibly dark tan on my arms and upper body because I was wearing a tank top and capris. The worst part was that we only sold some of Toni's cotton pants, a game, a couple of books and a badminton set.

The problem, I think, is that we are located on a street that I still have trouble finding, after almost six years of visiting this house. I wish this sale were on a main boulevard, but it's in the middle of one of those suburban mazes and I even got lost after I put up three signs yesterday.

So today, we have advertised again that for sale we have Lazy Boy recliners, a wooden chest, vintage and modern jeans of all sizes, T-shirts, a fan, Pampered Chef Bakeware for making gingerbread houses and trains, Avon car, truck and pretty shaped perfume and cologne containers, and board games for sale.

I'm sure it will make all the difference in the world.

In the meantime, I can't help but think I would have gotten more sleep and made more money if I were in San Diego working at Mo's instead.

But who cares. I'm up here in Lakewood and we got to BBQ with the combined families yesterday and then Justin and I went to a fireworks show with Brian and Terri. The show was spectacular. Brian said, "You're a real fireworks fan, aren't you?" because I was happy-clapping and grinning like a little kid. Plus I had hugs from Justin and that always makes things good.

Anyway, so far today we have had two customers and no buyers. I'm going to get my laptop out and work on some photography stuff soon. But first I'm going to internet blast the sale and also look up Long Beach vintage stores that might buy the jeans and some of the glassware.

Wish us luck.

Meanwhile, I wish I were in Thailand with Oakley to help her with her mom situation. I've gotten quite adept at taking care of dying women, and the language barrier would hardly matter since she's not really talking much at all.

No comments: