Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Oakley's Mommy died

Oakley is flying direct from LAX to Bangkok tonight. The cremation ceremony is Sunday. She texted me to let me know. I called and left a message about how sorry I am and that "she's not suffering in her earthly life anymore, but I know that's not very comforting to the kids of dead mommies..." and to let us know if there's anything we could do here, since we can't go to Thailand with cupcakes, the way she came to Mark's house in Lakewood for the wake.

I want to say at least all that waiting is over, but even after Toni's death I'm not sure which is better--waiting for a mom to die, or living without her.

Justin and I are going to watch a movie together tonight. I was supposed to go take photographs of a dance performance, but it's been too hard of a day and I'm just not up to it.

I'm glad Oaks and Brandon came down this weekend. We went to the zoo. Oaks and I kept running into stores because we saw a shirt that said, "I'm a little monkey" on it, but we couldn't find one in our size. (They were child sized--but Oaks can do child-sized shirts, and I could maybe give it a whirl.)

I wonder when she'll get back from Thailand.

Poor Oaks. She loved her mom so much.

No comments: