Sunday, November 25, 2007

Why I Love Sunday Nights

When I was a kid my dad always loved Sunday nights. Even though he wasn't religious, he always thought we should have a special meal together (pot roast, salmon, BBQ anything, Indian food....). I was always stressed because I had homework--which of course I left until the last minute. That habit did not change while I was in college or a teacher; it's nice to have time off and I would pretend I had no responsibilities for a little while. Saturday and Sunday morning would pass until panic forced me to get work done later on Sunday.

But now it's married time.

I switched from night to day shifts at Mo's, and we miss church but when I get home from working Justin lets me rest. He pours me a glass of wine and gives me time to have a warm bath and read a magazine. Luxury! Then we eat the dinner that he made while I was at work and I feel like a princess. I thank Justin, and he says, "You are a princess."

So, I love him. He loves me more than anyone ever has not for any particular reason, just because he does--and because I love him back.

He is my gift for ever.

No comments: