Saturday, January 12, 2008

His Interviews are Completed!

So for a few days now we actually have a tiny bit of control over our next-four-years fate, then he will submit his list and we have to wait until March 20, 2008, to find out where we "matched."

In no particular order, just as they pop into my head: UCSD, UCSF (new program, in the city), Northwestern (downtown Chicago), USC, Bakersfield, Fresno, UCLA, UCI, Cook County (Illinois), a couple of other places in the LA and SF area... it's been hard for me to keep track of all the places he's interviewed. Sometimes I am not even certain which city he is in or going to and have to remember whether the trip involves an airport or just the car.

It is so incredibly surreal to have my life painted as the underpainting of whatever the medical community and my husband decide the next layer will be--I don't even know where I will be living! So once they figure that out, I have to paint a third layer, a revision? a new painting entirely? a continuation? Anything I want... but it has to be built from my partners work before me...

I adjust to change when it happens, but the anticipation kills me.

1 comment:

oakmonster said...

It's kind of funny that we did the exact same thing with Justin this Friday as last Friday. I came home to the boys watching Resident Evil (last week #2, this week #3). Then we went to Chronic Tacos for dinner.

He mentioned that he almost felt like he should start paying rent or something. LOL.

Glad the interviews are all done. Hopefully you guys get to stay close by. :)