Monday, January 28, 2008

Ted Kennedy and Bobby Kennedy's Wife Support Obama

Even Ted Kennedy is disheartened by the political rhetoric of the Clinton couple. I remember a time in the 1990s when I believed in the goodness and light of this rags to riches President, but apparently the vile blood of politics has polluted his soul--and Hillary stands by her man as he stand by her.

From the New York Times today: Kennedy Chooses Obama, Spurning Plea by Clintons

...near the end of Mr. Obama’s first year in the Senate, Ethel Kennedy asked him to speak at a ceremony for her husband’s 80th birthday. At the time, she referred to Mr. Obama as “our next president.”

“I think he feels it. He feels it just like Bobby did,” Mrs. Kennedy said in an interview that day, comparing her late husband’s quest for social justice to Mr. Obama’s. “He has the passion in his heart. He’s not selling you. It’s just him.”



I like Ethel Kennedy's clarity there--"it's just [Obama]" and Michelle Obama is just Michelle. An educated mom and a wife with an inspiring and brilliant husband who happens to be running for President of the United States.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Thanks for letting me into your insight and research into the political campaign. I believe I must agree and support Obama because we can't wait for people to be ready for a non-white president!