Tuesday, April 08, 2008

How many hours?

According to Justin's calculations, we traveled for just over 23 hours to get home from Rome today (?).

We left the hotel there at 7 a.m. and got into the SD airport at 8:30 p.m., so it's tempting to believe it was just 13 hours, but there's the nine hour time difference and the additional time (not including the quick stop for a bite to eat) from the airport to the shuttle to our car to our house to consider.

But who am I to know?

I did not wear a watch, since I have become so accustomed to using my cell phone to tell time.

Justin, what time is it? What time do you have to be there? When do you want to meet me? How long is that meeting? When is your presentation? How much longer until we land?

Also, I had my very first ever airplane-flying-related anxiety attack today (yesterday?). More on that later.

I have no idea what time it is.... 24 hours everywhere.... kept thinking about my existentialism lesson plans for the kids and about how time is relative... but whatever the answer is, my body is convinced that staying up all night in Rome so that I could be tired enough to sleep on the plane still leaves me so exhausted that I can for sure sleep for 12 hours tonight and not have trouble with anything at all.....

she types with her eyes clsoed....closed.

1 comment:

KI said...

Welcome back :-)