Sunday, April 27, 2008

I have to live with a boy.

I managed to incorporate the honk into a dream--as if someone were blowing their nose in manner of fog horn.

Then the smell overwhelmed me and I had to get up and leave the room.

Justin.

I peed with my eyes closed, went back to the bedroom, was again overwhelmed by the odor and went to the kitchen for a glass of water.

We slept with the window open and a fan on because it is so hot this Santa Ana wind weekend. I thought it would dissipate.

No. So, light on. Matches and candle found and lit and placed on my bedside table.

Giant yawn. Back into bed.

He moved like a baby doing tummy-time push-ups and leaned toward my side of the bed for a kiss.

Kiss.

"I managed to incorporate the sound into a dream and think it was a sneeze, but then it smelled so bad I had to get up," I told him, figuring the flickering bedside flame reflecting on the walls should be explained before he worried about a fire.

"I farted and chased you out of the room? I have to call a friend!"

"Jason's lucky it's 5 o' clock in the morning and you're not going to wake him up right now."

1 comment:

Penny said...

I can so totally relate!