Saturday, October 11, 2008

Seasons Change

One day, it turned to fall.

Just like that.

Tank top and capris switched to long sleeves and jeans.

I still expect warm days--the San Diego Fires both happened in late October--but right now it is blustery windy outside.

If I had papers to grade fall would be more believable, but as a season it does not seem right with really nothing to do in my free time. Justin and I just took an afternoon nap between college football games and when I woke up I felt the familiar guilt of laziness. But I do not have papers to grade. I am free to nap without ruining a paper-grading plan. Yesterday I saw someone with a box full of papers to grade and I felt a pang of nostalgia. I need papers to grade for fall to be complete.

Instead, I have to get ready to go to the restaurant and serve food. Hopefully people will come--bad weather tends to hurt business.

No comments: