Friday, March 06, 2009

Insomnia

I knew it was over when I became genuinely curious about what's on TV at 3 a.m.

Could I be missing something good?

This is night two without sleeping well for more than an hour at a time.

Last night Justin was at work, so I thought tonight would be better since he's back. Then I thought maybe if he were gone. Then I realized he doesn't have a night shift for the rest of this month.

Now, I'm hoping the couch will be the remedy I need.

I heard neighbors talking in the courtyard and thought I had insomnia company, until I realized that young girls returning home at 3 a.m. are probably just beginning their sleep--they've probably been out having fun all this time.

I've already begun to wonder whether I'll ever sleep again, whether I'll get sleepy during the day (I'll take a nap, I don't care anymore WHEN I sleep as long as I DO sleep), why this is happening to me. (Manic? Depressed? What?)

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. Punk'd. World News. Heart Healthy Yoga.

Oooo! Maybe I'll do some yoga! Nah... there's TiVoed Law and Order.

1 comment:

KI said...

Hugs to you (and *timely* sleep)!