Saturday, March 14, 2009

Medicine and Me

As much as I say I have resigned myself to a lifetime of medication, when things go awry I certainly wish I could just titrate off all of them and be done with it.

I still feel run down from the week. My body is shaky-feeling (though Thank God not actually shaking) and my head is all foggy. It's somewhere between being hungover from alcohol or an all-nighter or both, and being on a caffeine high.

Unfortunately, it's not something that is going to improve if I puke, which I feel like I could do. But I won't. I hate puking and try to avoid it as much as possible.

Besides, at this point all the medicinal poison is in my blood and I just have to wait it out. If I got sick, I would just lose my breakfast and the nutrients that are going to carry me through this day.

Additionally, I am still too restless to just lie down and take a nap. So, exhausted, restless... I feel like a two year old who missed her day time nap and now can't fall asleep at night.

All I want to do is try to get my grad school application together, but maybe today is not the day.

1 comment:

KI said...

I miss you :-(

Take care of yourself!

That is all :-)