Saturday, May 07, 2011

"Ella"

Today, Ella and her Aunt Hilary and I were out for a walk. Hil was pushing the stroller and we were at a lull in our chat when I heard, "Ella." In a soft baby voice.

I turned around to face them, "Hilary, did you just say, 'Ella?'"

"No, I thought that was you."

"She just said, 'Ella,' didn't she? Say, 'Ella.' Ella!"

Of course she won't do it on command, but I'm so glad there was a witness.

Her first word was Mama (yes, my heart is full!), then Dada, then hi, then "Geor'" (for George, her favorite stuffed animal monkey), then Ella. All learned within a month.

I love my little girl. Every day is brings a new surprise. (I know I'm sounding sappy now, oh well.)

1 comment:

Alana said...

WOW! That's so cool! Way to go Ella. Hope all is well in your new digs. Thinking of ya! :)