Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Independence Day 2

For some reason I can't get the photos in chronological order (I'm too lazy to post them one at a time today). But here we are having our Fourth of July fun. This was Ella's second Independence Day, and I think she might have enjoyed it more than the first one, for which she mostly slept. However, she was pretty scared of the loud noises, which meant lots of cuddles for Mommy. Yay!

Ella shares vigorously. "Take the book! Please take the book!"

Here, she is wearing a belt of links that began as a very large necklace. Thanks, Victoria! :)

While we waited for the fireworks, she sat on Daddy's belly and went, "bububububa" with her hand against her mouth--one of her favorite tricks.


She didn't make the very few miles home drive awake...

There was a big military plane that did a very loud flyover... everyone laughed at me because I was more concerned with photographing her than rescuing her from the stroller so she could be consoled.

Justin was relaxing--deservedly so.

The lap of luxury.

The links necklace.


Part of the day was spent casually reading.

No festival is complete without a baby riding on Daddy's shoulders.

1 comment:

OakMonster said...

And I have some great photos of Ella and you guys I need to pull from that camera. It was a fun day!