Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Letting her be a person

Often, when people see Ella they say, "She's such a doll."

I thank them.

But it's time for me to let her be a little person, instead of my little doll.

Today she starts her first class: Baby Dance II through the City of Long Beach.

The class description is as follows:

Help your baby develop a love for music and dance in a fun, silly and
friendly environment. We will sing, dance, and play with instruments,
streamers and the parachute and much more. This is a great way to let
loose with your little one and help them to develop socialization skills!


It's going to be a fun time for both of us. 

But it's time for me to start letting go. I have to remember to let her walk, even though carrying her is faster. I have to let her eat with the spoon in her hand instead of mine, even though it's less messy to feed her myself. I have to let her fall--so cliche.

She's so much more than a doll.

No comments: